It all started with a grain mill. And a man named Hodgson. Deep in the rugged heart of the Missouri Ozarks, the original mill site came to life in 1837. A second mill, built in 1861, burned down during the Civil War. The final mill was constructed in 1882 and a master millright, Alva Hodgson partnered with his brother George to create a thriving business. Over the years Hodgson Mill enhanced its line of milled flours to begin producing a variety of wholesome, whole–grain products.